Sunday, June 22, 2014

Month 1 Summary

So it is officially one month since I began traveling!! I've been on the move so much and going so quickly, it's hard to imagine that I have been gone for 30 days. It's been a whirlwind of excitement and new experiences and I'm loving almost every minute of my journey. Though, my savings account is going away alarmingly quick and I don't know how long my one year journey will last, I know I will at least get all the way through my Euro Adventure. So without further ado, here is a summary of my first month on the road.

Amsterdam

Countries visited

Iceland, Norway, Holland, Belgium, France

Cities visited

Reykjavik, Skogar, Vik, Hofn, Djupivogur, Breiddalsvik, Stodvarfjordur, Egilsstadir, Husavik, Akureyri, Skagafjordur, Holar, Borgarnes, Stykkisholmur, Hellnar, Arnastapi, Budir, Bergen, Askoy, Oslo, Amsterdam, Volendam, Zaanse Schans, Marken, Brussels, Ghent, Bruges, Lueven, Paris, Montmatre

Notre Dame

Money Spent

Ballpark $2500 (this is also so high because I am still paying bills, I'm in Western Europe and I've had to deal with a few issues the required me to spend above and beyond the normal amount).

Pictures Taken

2702

Transportation

5 planes
6 Trains

Miles Traveled

About 8500 miles

High

As you can see, I've been moving extremely fast through Europe and getting more exhausted by the day. My absolute high was getting to spend one week in Paris, getting to spend a couple of days laying in bed until noon and sitting outside enjoying the beautiful weather. I also enjoyed my sprint through Iceland. I dread cities and being out in nature was good for my soul.

Gavensteen Castle Ghent Belgium

Low

My low time would have to be when I was in Belgium. I really enjoyed Ghent, but the rest of my time spent there was not that great. I'd been on the move a lot, alone and lack of preparation had me scrabbling around frantically looking for a place to stay.

Bergen Railway

I've been enjoying my time so much, but I am missing home quite a bit. The next month to come, I'll be spending with the boyfriend in Italy and my dad and cousin in Germany. The thought of slowing down even more excites me and I hope my need to travel is revived because right now it's at an all time low and the euro is KILLIN' me. I hope you're enjoying following me around Europe and can't wait to update you all on what else I've been up to :)!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Taylor! I spoke with you on Twitter earlier this year. Great to see you're trip has begun! I totally get you on the exhaustion factor of traveling quickly, as I tend to do the same. Slowing down a bit will definitely help. I will definitely be reading along and staying in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jodi! I have slowed down and just spent 2 weeks in Italy. My feet are getting itchy to travel again :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy you're having a good time! Slow down when you can so you can take a breath, you don't want to burn out! :) Looking forward to reading all about your travels as you go!

    ReplyDelete