Monday, May 12, 2014

Packing List for my Round The World Trip

After checking though tons of packing lists from other travel bloggers and ideas from my previous trips, I finally made a list of everything I needed/wanted to take. I followed through with most of the things on my list but decided I didn't need some items and ended up adding some items. Listed below are the final contents of my back pack. This is kind of a long post, so tuck in and enjoy :).

The Backpack


REI Backpack 40L

I decided to go with a smaller backpack than most backpackers and travelers use. I am shorter than your average person, so I couldn't really see me using one of the larger backpacks, as they would overtake me and would result in taking unnecessary stuff.

I chose the REI Lookout 40 Pack, which is a woman's day pack. It's a 40 liter bag with the dimensions of 20 x 13 x 10.5 inches. Not only did I choose this bag because it fit my size, but because it fits most of the dimensions for a carry on bag, especially Ryanair's strict dimension policies. Their dimensions are 21 x 15.7 x 8 in (I'm sincerely hoping they don't notice that mine is 2.5 inches off on that last part). Bags also have a weight limit of 22 pounds. Mine comes in a 18.6 pounds after everything is put in it :).

The Contents


Shoes


Shoes


  • Sketcher's Memory Foam Tennis Shoes

  • Pair of black Old Navy flip flops



Jackets


Jackets


  • Rain Jacket

  • Scottevest Hoodie (I chose this jacket because it is warm and has 14 pockets and you can only see two of them. This will help if I need to lighten my load in my backpack and can double as a carry on bag without actually counting as one!)



Shirts


Shirts


  • 4 tank tops

  • 2 Columbia T-shirts



Bottoms


Bottoms


  • 1 pair of Capris

  • 1 pair yoga pants

  • 2 pair Columbia shorts

  • 1 pair comfy shorts (to sleep in)



Undergarments


Underwear


  • 3 underwear

  • 2 sports bras

  • 2 regular bras (not pictured)

  • 4 pairs of socks (I'm obsessed with socks)



Other clothing Items


Other Clothing Items


  • 1 Sarong

  • 1 infinity scarf

  • 1 bathing suit (not pictured)



Electronics


Electronics


  • All in one converter plug

  • Mini Surge Protector

  • iPad

  • iPod

  • Samsung Galaxy S4 (I use Verizon, it's already unlocked and prepared for the use of another SIM card)

  • Charger cords and main plug for iPad, iPod and Samsung

  • Asus notebook and charger

  • Passbook (Not pictured)



Health


Health


  • Ibuprofen (I'm prone to headaches)

  • Sleeping Pills (To help with the jet lag or over excitement)

  • Midol

  • Pepto

  • Mini first aid fit and extras

  • Eye drops



Bath/Beauty


Beauty


  • Mini toothpaste

  • Toothbrush

  • Floss

  • Deodorant

  • Fold up hair brush with a mirror

  • Soap

  • Soap case

  • Sea to Summit Extra Large Microfiber Towel

  • REI small microfiber towel

  • Q-Tips

  • 1 self sharpening Eyeliner

  • Grooming Kit

  • Veet wax strips

  • razor

  • Hairbows



I plan to purchase shampoo, conditioner and detergent as I need them along my trip.

Writing


Writing


  • My gorgeous new leather travel journal (yes, it's heavy and impractical but I love it)

  • 2 pens

  • 1 Glue stick (to glue in important things that I'd like to keep track of)



Misc


Misc

Misc


  • 2 liter collapsible water bottle

  • 1 backpack rain cover

  • 1 insect proof sheet liner

  • 1 travel wallet

  • 1 flash light

  • 4 TSA approved travel locks

  • 1 chap stick (I actually packed 4 because I always misplace them)

  • 2 packing cubes (these help tremendously with organizing and smashing things in)



Camera Bag Contents


Camera Bag


  • Camera Bag

  • Nikon D3100

  • Extra Lens Cover

  • 1 32 GB memory Card

  • 1 16 GB memory card

  • 1 8 GB memory Card

  • 3 rechargeable batteries

  • Battery charger

  • 1 zoom lens

  • 3 filters and filter holder

  • 1 Memory Stick




So, what do you think? Am I taking too much, too little? Is there anything I should get rid of or add?

No comments:

Post a Comment