Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Liebster Award Nomination

LiebsterAward

So, I was nominated for my first virtual blog award called the Liebster Blogging Award. I haven't been nominated for anything before and it was quite exciting :). The word “liebster” has German origins and can be translated to a variety of English meanings, such as lovely, kind, pleasant and beloved. The award has been around for a while and the rules have changed over time but then general rules of the game are to answer the questions of the blogger who nominates you and then nominate other bloggers and they'll answer your questions.

Who nominated me?

Justin and Lauren from Justin Plus Lauren nominated me for this awesome award after they were nominated. Justin and Lauren are a couple from Canada that seek new places to travel too all of the time with extensive travel in North America. They are currently saving up for a trip to Italy next year and both work as video editors in the media industry. Their blog focuses on their travels and their vegan eating lifestyle. So go check out their blog for some interesting stories :)! Thanks for nominating me y'all!

Justin and Lauren's Questions to me

1. Why did you start writing your travel blog and what is the inspiration for its name?

I started writing my blog because I will begin a trip around the world in just a few short days and wanted to share my stories and experiences with friends, family and anyone else who would enjoy reading my story. When I thought about making a website, I went through a whole list of names and World Trippin' It was at the top. I'll be gallavanting across the world and thought it suited me the most. And it's catchy ;)

2. What has been your favorite travel destination so far?

I absolutely LOVED visiting Switzerland. The people are so nice and the views there are absolutely breathtaking!

3. Where was the first place that you remember traveling to?

The first place I remember traveling to is Disney World. My parents had their honeymoon there and once I was born, we began going every single year. I always loved going and participating in the parades once I was a bit older. I always enjoyed watching the shows at MGM studios.

4. Where are you traveling next?

The first stop on my around the world trip is Iceland. My whole route can be found here. I'll be visiting about 20 countries or more if I have the time and resources.

5. What destinations are at the top of your bucket list?

New Zealand and Iceland. All the way. Ever since I began watching Lord of the Rings when I was younger has put New Zealand at the top of my bucket list. I love hiking, nature, waterfalls and endless amount of green. Both of these destinations encompass all of my loves into one and pack even more wonderfulness. I am ecstatic for these two destinations and Iceland is my first I'll be visiting on my trip!

6. What is your most memorable meal that you’ve enjoyed while traveling?

My dad and I visited a roadside stand when we went to Hawaii and while we didn't have a meal, we tried their fried bananas and fresh fruit. I tried fruits I had never seen or heard of. Lychee was my absolute favorite fruit that I had never had before and the mango slices we bought were so juicy and amazing. It was the first time I had ever tried fried bananas and ended purchasing two of them because they were so delicious.

7. What place would you enjoy returning to again and again?

I would LOVE to go back to Costa Rica. It's a beautiful country and embodies all my loves <3. My first time around, I didn't see any where near enough of what I wanted to and I went with a tour group (which was awesome). I got to do a lot while there but we moved around very quickly. I could definitely see myself going back there over and over just to experience the beauty.

8. What was your least favorite place to visit and why?

My least favorite place that I have visited would have to be Nassau. Maybe it would be different if I didn't come in to the port. The destination is strictly for tourists and has so many tourist traps and people trying to trick you into buying things. When I went, I would try ignoring the people or explaining to them I didn't want to purchase what they were selling. They would proceed to try and guilt us into purchasing stuff from them.

9. Who is your favorite travel writer/blogger?

This is very difficult because I follow tons of travel bloggers, but I can list my top three. Alex, from Alex in Wonderland is awesome to follow. I began following her blog while she was jaunting around South America for several months. A lot of my ideas for what I want to do while in South America have come from her blog. Cez and Agness, from Etramping, always have good tips and show that it's possible to travel throughout the world on a cheap budget. There blog focuses on traveling for under $25 a day. It's amazing to see how it can be done. Lauren, from Never Ending Footsteps, always has funny stories to tell about her "incidents" around the world and I love reading her monthly updates about how much she's spent, where she's been and all her stats for the month.

10. What advice would you give to someone who is looking to travel around the world, or live in a foreign destination?

My advice would be not to let anyone else influence your decision. If I had let what people said about my trip bother me or influence me in any way, I wouldn't be going. Follow your dream and do what you want to do. If you feel selfish (I did), DON'T! You are stepping away from the norm of what everyone else is doing. You are doing something courageous and brave. Millions of people would love to be able to travel or move to another destination but don't. They have a whole list of reasons. Don't be like those people. Break away. Break away from the norm, be different and experience this amazing world so many people miss out on.

Who I'm Nominating

Anna, from Slightly Astray . She just began her trip back in April with her partner, Daniel and they are currently traveling throughout South America right now.

Vicky, from The Travel Well , is currently in Australia on a work visa and is finding ways to sustain her long-term traveling goal. Vicky got bit by the travel bug when she went on a World Challenge Expedition to Malawi and has traveled and learned so much since!

Elaine, from The Whole World Is a Playground is currently located in Dublin, Ireland with her husband. They've been to about 11 countries and continue to add to their travel destinations.

Oksana, from Drink Tea and Travel , blogs about her travels throughout 30 countries in three years. After chasing dream from dream, she began to slow down once she moved to China and began experiencing traveling differently.

Jessi and Ken, from Berry Random is a travel blog about the Berry couple. They blog about their travel experiences and their many bucket list items!

My questions for the nominees.

1. When did you begin traveling and why?
2. What is unique about your way of traveling?
3. How do you sustain or save up for your travels?
4. What is the most unique destination you have visited?
5. Which destination did you visit that affected you the most and in what way?
6. Have you ever traveled while in debt? If so, how did you pay off your debt and continue traveling?
7. What has been your favorite activity throughout your travels?
8. Do you collect anything on your travels? If so, what?
9. What do you enjoy most about traveling?
10. What was one person that influenced you about your travels?

4 comments:

  1. Awesome responses! I really enjoyed reading this! Can't wait to hear about your trip and wishing you the best as you finalize your last preparations before you leave!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for nominating me Lauren and the awesome support :) I'm glad to have you folllowing along on my journey and hopefully I can give you some insight into some awesome places in Italy :) do you know which cities you and Justin are visiting?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the nomination!! It was truly an honor! I have posted my answers, and I hope you enjoy :). And I can't wait to follow your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course! Love keeping up with your blog :) I enjoyed reading your responses...keep up the awesome reads and travel adventures! :)

    ReplyDelete