Monday, March 10, 2014

Where Do I Plan on going?

The "Plan"
What I am planning on doing and what will actually happen on my trip are two different things. There are certain portions of this trip I know I'll have to do just because I've already booked some of my flights. While that does cut down on a lot of my flexibility, it increases my savings by hundreds or thousands of dollars.

Since planning everything out, my itinerary has changed about ten times. I started off by writing down every country I have ever wanted to go to (leaving out countries I have been to previously) and then the cutting process began. I started off with 39 countries on my list and after days and weeks of cutting here or adding there, I am now planning on about 20 countries. (If I can squeeze in more, I will do it!)

The Route
 

My Route
Countries I Will be visiting



  • Iceland

  • Norway

  • Netherlands

  • Belgium

  • France

  • Spain

  • Italy

  • Germany

  • Czech Republic

  • Hungary





  • Greece

  • Turkey

  • China

  • Thailand

  • Cambodia

  • Malaysia

  • New Zealand

  • Chile

  • Peru

  • Ecuador



This will be the main route I plan on following. Since most or all of my flights will be booked before I go, I'll be able to follow it. The only thing I'm working on planning now is how long I want to stay in Asia (mainly Thailand). My trip is set to last for a year and budgetwise, that is what I've saved for. BUT, there is so much I want to do and see. If I stayed in Asia longer, I'd have to cut out South America or make my trip longer than a year. Hmmmm... the endless possibilities and options.

14 comments:

  1. Let me know when you get to NZ! I hope you're leaving enough time within each destination but with a year's timeframe, I'm sure you are. We had our flights between continents but mostly had flexibility on the ground in between, which was really good. Thailand is pretty awesome. The heat in SE Asia got to us fast, but we're used to very very mild climates in NZ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am planning on arriving in NZ in December... I'm debating on staying two or three months because it has been on my top list for my whole life-especially after seeing Lord of the Rings (nerd, i know). But I hope I'm leaving enough time as well. I know for sure I am in Asia just because of the crazy culture shock I know I'll probably have! And all those wonderful beaches.... I don't think I'll get enough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks very ambitious. Looks like a great RTW adventure. I hope to do my own some day when my savings account actually allows me to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, this trip has been about 12 years in the making with planning and saving, so I'm very excited!

    ReplyDelete
  5. […] I’ll be able to accomplish everything on this list by the time my trip ends. Based off of my route, what other places do you think I should have […]

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting! I'm following your blog now so I can stay up to date with your adventures! Looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. :) I'll be starting in May but I'll be posting some of my past adventures until then so there will hopefully be some entertainment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this trip sounds like it will be AMAZING! You've got a lot of wonderful countries on that list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Erika! I'm hoping I'll actually get to visit all of them as planned! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This trip looks like a blast! I am glad you are going to New Zealand; it is one of my absolute favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm excited too! I can't believe it's a little over a month away

    ReplyDelete
  12. […] first stop on my around the world trip is Iceland. My whole route can be found here. I’ll be visiting about 20 countries or more if I have the time and […]

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Taylor. I'm so excited for you, and congrats! Your trip looks pretty amazing, I'm following you all over the Blogosphere now. Let us know when you are in Germany! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Corinne :) glad to have ypu following along! What part of Germany are you in?

    ReplyDelete