Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Expenses so far....

In preparing for my upcoming trip, I have already purchased flights and items I'll need along the way. I know having purchased flights ahead of time has severely limited my flexibility BUT I've saved a lot of money by doing so. Maybe when I have a much larger budget, I'll book as I go. Until then, I'm OK with less flexibility.

So far, I've booked ten flights for $1,101.52. That includes all my flights from Myrtle Beach to Bangkok. If I continue booking flights according to my route, I'll only have four more to book (excluding my flights to the Galapagos Islands and Easter Island).

pricing

I've also purchased a new Nikon D3100 for $518.39. My little point and shoot Canon I've had for the past two and a half years was giving out on me and my Olympus DSLR would have been to big to tote around.

Nikon D3100

Other nicknacks I've purchased have been with gift cards I got for Christmas, so I'm not including that in my pre-travel expenses.

My total so far...$1619.91

Over the next three months, I will be purchasing the rest of my flights, travel insurance, visas, vaccinations (if I need any) and travel gear I'll need along the way (clothes, basic medicines, etc). I'm hoping I can keep everything below $2,500 for pre-trip expenses. Think I can do it?

2 comments:

  1. […] has been a couple of months since I have updated any information about my upcoming trip, which begins in 8 days at this exact moment in time. The amount of nervousness, excitement, fear […]

    ReplyDelete
  2. […] I first started this website, I broke down my expenses based off of my flights and my camera purchase. Since then, I have completed the list of items that […]

    ReplyDelete