Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Phuket Island Hopping

I loved Phuket. I knew I wanted to stay near the beach and picked a place on Karon Beach. I got to see a beautiful sunset each night I was there and it wasn't incredibly busy.


I found a few island hopping that trips that weren't expensive and went to a few of the popular islands. 

First up was Maya Bay, which was used to shoot in the movie, The Beach.



I could have stayed here all day. The sand was such a powdery soft white, it felt like walking on fluff. The water was the perfect temperature for swimming and so clear, I could see my whole body even when I was all the way in. The only negative to this place was how many people were there and the, what felt like 3 hours, horrendous speed boat ride to get there from Phuket. 

We were next taken to a lagoon area, but since the tide was too high, there was no beach. We ended up all just jumping off the side of the boat instead to swim around and enjoy the views of the massive cliffs surrounding us.




Finishing up with our swim, we were then sped off to an area for snorkeling and food. I always expect snorkeling to be different in different places. But it's always the same. Pretty blue and green tropical fish, big sea urchins, and mounds of hard coral. 


For lunch, we got a huge buffet of Thai food and fruits on the island of Phi Phi. There were plenty of people all over the beach, so I just decided to snack on some coconut ice cream and enjoy the view of the beach away from everyone else. 


After the morning ride to Maya Bay, I was not looking forward to our ride back, especially since I had just filled my stomach up with food and ice cream. But, it was nothing compared to the morning and we had a decently smooth ride back. I enjoyed the day very much and managed not to get myself sun burned more than I already was from a couple of days prior from a few hours on Karon Beach. 

No comments:

Post a Comment