Friday, January 8, 2016

Hotlanta Fun


Jeff LOVES cities, so when choosing a city to leave from this time, Atlanta came to mind. Last time we explored New York City but I wanted something new and different for us to explore together. It was a great choice and we had a blast!



Atlanta was anything but HOT when we went and stupid me, I forgot to bring jackets. I mean, who remembers jackets when it’s been 80 degrees through Christmas and New Year’s? Our first stop on the freeze train was the famous World of Coca Cola. I can’t remember being so cold since the beginning of last year when the weather plunged down to 19 degrees outside! I am probably exaggerating but we were pretty cold. Once we got our tickets and thawed out a bit, we started enjoying our experience. The best part about when Jeff and I travel, is that we end up having the same end game and this time, all we wanted was to get to the end to taste test all the different sodas and I wanted a picture with the polar bear. It surprised me how nasty some of the sodas were. I had one that tasted exactly like mouth wash and another one that tasted like cherry cold medicine that my parents would force down my throat when I was a child. Our favorite flavors were the Bibo mango for me and the Bibo kiwi for Jeff from Africa.




That night, we ended up going to a hookah bar we passed on our way back into the city called Sivas. (Luckily we ate near a mall and got Jeff a new jacket). I’d never been to a hookah bar before, so why not? It was very interesting. We decided to put a vodka shot in the water bowl place for a different effect. The feeling was similar to being extremely tipsy but only for 10 minutes or so, which was perfect for me because I start hating the feeling of being tipsy/drunk after about 30 minutes anyways. Since it was our first time ever doing this kind of thing, our server kindly switched out our breathing tube (?) for an ice one. Now that, was a pretty awesome feeling. It’s like feeling up your lungs with a toned down icy feeling and enhanced the flavor of the tobacco. I know I sound ignorant on this subject and I am, but we had fun doing it!



The next morning, Jeff and I tried out the CNN tour and got to be news anchors for all of 4 seconds! I’m a nerd for having the news channel on and watching the weather channel, so it was cool to see the inner workings of this particular channel. I can’t help but wonder how awesome it must be to work for a company like that?



Stone mountain was up next on our list and all we had to decide is if we wanted to take the freezing and windy one-mile hike up or the nice enclosed skytram for $10 per person. After feeling how cold it was on our way to the CNN tour, we went with the skytram. As nice as the hike would have been, the tram was the way to go. As soon as we stepped out in the open area of the rock, the wind smacked us in the face. Tears started burning their way down my face involuntarily from how bad it was blowing. We snapped several pictures really quick and ran back inside. Once we were a bit warmed up, we ran back outside for a few more brief minutes to snap a couple more pictures. No longer able to handle the cold, we headed back inside and waited for the tram to take us back down the mountain.


 

Jeff and I both enjoyed Atlanta and the time we had together. 

Follow me on: Instagram and Facebook to follow my adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment